.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I AM COMPLETELY FED UP WITH IRAQ No, I don’t mean the country or the people – I mean the war debate. It is still lingering around the same topics that were being bandied about 18 months ago (in some cases even since the early 1990s). The discussions have managed to sustain a maddening level of repetitiveness and utter boredom. I don’t know how others feel about this, but if I have to read or hear another comment by an anti-war commentator that the war was illegal or bear another tedious attempt at proving that Saddam was behind 9/11 by a pro-war commentator my head is going to pop. What really surprised and enrages me about this is the little fact that this debate remains entirely oblivious to the fact that the actual war happened. As Tony Blair loves to say, let’s move on. I’ve posted my latest lengthier piece (“Was Blair right on Iraq? The Case for War revisited”) over at my new essay collection site. A short polemnic on the matter is still in preparation and will be up sometime tomorrow. I am taking this as an opportunity to make the vow that for the rest of this year -barring any really great stories- Iraq will not be a topic on this site. I’m fed up and so should you be. The likelihood of anybody changing his mind now is virtually nil and everything that needs to be said about the post-war transformation of Iraq has been said. Enough for now. Please.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?