.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 10, 2004

HAVEN'T YOU DONE YOUR HOMEWORK? Normally I don't read these historicalreflection-cum-travelstories in the Speccie, but I had a bit of free time on my hands so had a read-through of this which announces itself:

Peter Phillips goes to Turkish Kurdistan and finds a land full of early Christian history
Interesting I thought, because that's a place where many early Christian peoples met; I have a sort of curiosity for such things. So I thought he's going to write about people speaking Aramaic, about Assyrians and Armenians. Given the dominant and defining position Armenians had in that region for millennia, it's rather strange Phillips doesn't even mention them on the side. Hasn't he done his homework? The Speccie should hire me next time, even I can do better than that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?