.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

MORE ON TEL AVIV BAUHAUS As I had written on Sunday I'm providing a little more on Tel Aviv's Bauhaus architecture.
-here's a correction to the street map linkin Sunday's posting.
-collection of some short articles
-this is a nice note by Linda Grant
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3777385.stm
-if you're really nerdy you can read the full UNESCO report (even I haven't)
While looking around for some more stuff I bumped into this blog hich is quite good and has a huge amount of useful links on the built environment. The post that caught my attention is from last year, but it makes an important point nonetheless:
In light of the huge amount of very bad so-called Modernist architecture which ignores and damages the street, consider in particular the buildings shown in images # 2, 4, 8, 12, 13, and 18 on the link. They appear to be exemplary urban buildings. I suggest that these photos show, if it is not already logically obvious, that one does not need "Traditional" architecture to create a good urban, pedestrian-oriented streetscape. Or, in other words, site plan trumps architecture.

Comments:
Haven't seen that yet. I should take a peak sometime. Thanks for the tip.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?