.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 22, 2005

EUROVISION
Hmm, well I’m not entirely sure why I bothered watching it. I was expecting something thoroughly awful, something so awful it makes you laugh. I found it quite disappointing in that respect. Obviously the songs still aren’t really any good, but they’re not horrendous anymore either. I guess at current trends Eurovision 2008 should be full of the best pop songwriting in Europe.
The other thing I noticed was how lame our eighteen points really is. Nil points, that has a ring to it and there’s something redeemingly glorious about complete failure. But a semi-failure like last night is just dull.
To be honest though, nothing was ever going to be as cool as last year’s winner Ruslana and her cracking Wild Dances. That is Eurovision at its best.

Labels:


Comments:



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?