.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

BUNDESTAGSWAHL 2005 / GERMAN ELECTION LOG: FOREIGN MINISTER SCHROEDER?
It seems I am spared nothing. After it has become apparent that Germany will be with a grand coalition, here comes another stupidity: Gerhard Schroeder for foreign minister. Oh dear. Given that may main argument against him was foreign policy that could mean Germany would end up with a sort fo worst case scenario, in which domestic policy remains in blockage while Schroeder can grand stand on the world stage and continue his wrongheaded foreign policy. He probably won't be able to swallow his pride though to take that step. Given that the world views of Schroeder and Merkel diverge significantly I can't see how it could work. Given (again!) that I have based all my previous predictions on this sort of reasoning I am not sure I shoudl make such bold statements any more.
So, welcome foreign minister Schroder! ;)

Labels:


Comments:



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?