.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

TORY CHOICES: KEN CLARKE OUT - SO FAR, SO GOOD
I have to say it happens only seldomly, but I am genuinly happy to see that Ken Clarke has been thrown out of the first round of voting. Some "big beast". In so many ways he was so wrong as Conservartive leader I am not even going to bother arguing why; it is all too evident to me.
The real choice will boil down to a match between the two Davids. (I don't see Liam Fox going further from here.) Both present good possible starting points for the Tories to regain power, and I think both would be up to the job in different ways. Anyway, that decision needn't be made yet, so for now we should just be happy that Clarke is out.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Good news indeed.

Of course, many of his votes will go to David Cameron meaning, as you say, that Liam Fox's days are numbered.
 




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?