.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 07, 2007

MEANWHILE . . . .
I know I'm not updating this blog quite as regularly as I would like to, but unfortuntaly I have a life beyond bloggin. Ok, that's possibly not quite right, as I reckon I have enough time to do my blogging - after all in the real world I have to stay up-to-date with current affairs, so spending an extra 10mins or so jotting down my thoughts isn't exactly going to make me sweat. I just find I don't have the necessary peace of mind.
Anyways, during a little tea break today I was enjoying some vintage Meat Loaf (yeah!), especially the wonderfully "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". I couldn't quite figure out the lyrics and whilst looking around I found this blog entry which makes some good observations on pop music. I particularly liked this bit on old Meaty:

Perhaps the most disturbing image from the night, however, was old friend Meat Loaf reprising his hit song "Paradise By The Dashboard Light." Unfortunately for the Meatster his former in-concert duet partner Karla DeVito was not available - rumor has it she was stuck at home babysitting her granddaughter for the evening. Instead they paired the Meat Man - who turns 60 this year - with a female singer who seemed, ironically, to be "barely 17" and, I might add, "barely dressed." The contrast was striking and creepy. Instead of "Let me sleep on it" I half- expected to hear his Meatness sing, "Young lady, you behave yourself or you’ll be grounded for a month."

Right, back to work....
Update: Here is the performance mentioned above (I think): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbxMXhIWbJc. The singer is an Aspen Miller(?). Whilst the contrast between the two is indeed noteworthy -if this was indeed supposed a tale of lust, our Meat Loaf should surely be on his way to prison- but the real question for me is Meaty’s shirt: I mean wth!?! How the mighty have fallen.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?