.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 29, 2007

WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT
So, via a blog I don't link to as I want to remain family-friendly, I stumble on this from National Review. The piece is written by one Denis Boyles, who has a book entitled: Vile France: Fear, Duplicity, Cowardice and Cheese.
(Ok, maybe only I think that's funny, but it does sound like an episode of 'Allo 'Allo)
But from there we come to this piece in the Guardian by Roy Hattersly. It half makes sense, but for the rest I was in stiches. Here’s my fave bit:
I would run away and take refuge with other survivors of my species. If I were suffering from some virulent transmittable disease, I would spread it about. Being in a state of perturbation, I would not spend much time thinking about the common good.

Of course badgers are generally know for spending much time thinking. About the common good.
Hands up anyone else who thinks that large chunks of it read like Mark Steyn spoofing the root-cause-brigade?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?